Housing Manager job at Lewisham Homes
At Lewisham Homes, we believe in developing potential. Like a Housing agent, your ability to proactively manage a variety of housing management functions could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious non-profit organization focused on improving housing in the borough. In addition to managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities to the residents, communities and dedicated individuals who join our growing team.
Like a Housing agent, you will be responsible for providing a high quality, customer focused and responsive housing management service to the residents of Lewisham Homes.
If successful, the main tasks of your role will be:
- Proactively manage a variety of housing management functions within procedural deadlines, including visits and registrations.
- Perform estate visits and inspections in a working capacity alone.
- Establish good working relationships with local tenant and resident associations.
- Effectively manage nuisance cases and liaise with external mediation partners.
- Be sure to escalate any instances of antisocial behavior appropriately and according to procedure.
- Respond to correspondence and complaints, and provide good quality drafts for member inquiries.
- Identify and record details of vulnerable residents, flag residents for support as needed.
- Ensure that backup issues are dealt with immediately and in accordance with the backup procedure.
- Work in collaboration with other departments, partners and stakeholders to ensure multi-agency responses to complex cases.
- Take legal action if necessary. Make sure all legal documents are completed to a high standard in order to request possession and / or injunction proceedings.
- Attend court hearings and evictions, representing the organization in a positive way at all times.
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislation and best practice issues relating to the role
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and help others. As a major local employer with over 500 employees, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, as well as flexible and agile working to help us continue to embrace wellness. We also offer benefits such as: subscription loan, 26 days of annual leave plus public holidays, health and welfare benefits and membership in the local government pension scheme.
This role will be agile and will work a few days in the office.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.